So here we are again, ready for another exciting Super Bowl game. No matter which team is your favorite, we need nourishment to get us through!
So, lets get some party food in the works. Looking for some delicious things to cook up? Try the Portuguese Bean Stew in Portuguese Homestyle Cooking! Lots of potatoes, sausage and kidney beans.
One popular favorite on my menu are the Chili Chicken Wings from my book, Authentic Portuguese Cooking. Simple and so yummy! Make a paste using a mortar and pestle, if you have one. Great tool!
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 2 tb finely chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup olive oil or melted butter
- hot sauce to taste
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- Make a paste with garlic, salt, paprika bay leaf, cilantro, turmeric, back pepper and cumin.
- In a cup, combine olive oil, hot sauce, vinegar, and brandy. Blend into spice paste.
- Coat wings with mixture and place wings in a single layer in a non-reactive dish. Cover and chill overnight.
- About 1/2 hour before cooking, reserving any marinade, transfer wings to another dish and let stand about 1/2 hour. Grill or broil with reserved marinade, basting periodically. Cook until juices run clear, the ski is crispy and richly bronze. Bet you can’t stop at one!