This recipe is very simple to do in short order. If you are leery about the black pepper, remove some of the fruit aside after mixing and sprinkle some black pepper on it. If you don’t care for it , don’t add it to the fruit bowl.
- Have your favorite assortment of fruits like mangos, strawberries, cherries, oranges, papaya and apples.
- Remove stems, cherry pits if you have a pitter, peel and separate orange into segments, core and slice the apples.
- Rinse all and place in a pretty serving bowl.
- Sprinkle about ½ cup sugar over the top and gently turn .
- Drizzle all with sweet Madeira Wine and give everything another turn to completely coat.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper (optional) for a twist.